Our firm is always looking for talented and dedicated lawyers to join our team in either Toronto or Vancouver. In particular, we encourage First Nation, Métis and Inuit lawyers to apply to our firm.
Currently we are seeking:
Junior/Midlevel Associate – Aboriginal Law and Governance
A successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Demonstrated interest in Indigenous rights and Indigenous law
- Familiarity with Indigenous, constitutional and administrative law
- A desire to build a practice focused on work with Indigenous governments across Canada
- Strong professional experience since graduation, with demonstrated abilities to manage a complex and diverse case load
Midlevel Associate – Corporate/Business Law
In addition to the above skills the candidate will have:
- Exceptional corporate drafting skills, including experience in drafting and advising with respect to joint ventures, limited partnership and other commercial transaction arrangements and agreements
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in dealing with corporate issues related to Indigenous economic participation, including, the negotiation and drafting of impact and benefit agreements, partnership agreements or arranging project financing
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates will be licensees of the Law Society of Upper Canada, called between 2009 and 2015. Candidates with experience in Indigenous rights law and governance are particularly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in an applying for an associate position with us, please send a copy of your resume and law school transcripts, along with a covering letter, to the following email address: email@example.com.